WOS is once again going to fund four bursaries of £250 each and provide support and mentoring. This will enable new talent in the early stages of the creative journey to get involved with Summer Art Weeks 2024 and assist in the transition to becoming an artist.
We welcome applications from talented artists aged 18 and above, working in any art medium (2D, 3D, mixed media etc), who have never participated in WOS Summer Art Weeks before. The bursary is to facilitate their involvement in the Summer Art Weeks and can be used for materials to produce artwork, framing, printing, display equipment, travel costs etc.
The successful artists will also be given one year’s free WOS registration and their Summer Art Weeks 2024 entry paid (combined value of £135), as well as support in finding a venue. In addition, we will provide mentor support through our network of established artists, who will help them prepare for the event.
OUR 2023 BURSARY WINNERS
In 2023 we were able to offer support to a diverse range of artists. To find out more about them, take a look here:
- Clare Shilvock (willow weaving)
- Darcy Eloise Hill (ceramics)
- Hayley Burgess (printmaking)
- Ian William White (digital art and painting)
In addition to the bursaries, we are also improving the way in which we support all the artists new to Summer Art Weeks or those who have perhaps only been involved a couple of times before. This support will include:
- Help in finding a venue – check out the CONNECT section of the website
- Marketing / Get Involved Workshop in Spring 2024
- Closer links to the network of area reps, who will act as a mentor / buddy
- Help & Resources in a dedicated registered artists’ area to include information on video production, photography, social media etc
We will regularly communicate with you by email, but if you have any specific support queries then please email firstname.lastname@example.org