Warwickshire Open Studios is a not-for-profit organisation run by volunteers for the benefit of artists and designer makers living or working in/around Warwickshire or Coventry. We support a number of opportunities throughout the year, but our main event is the Summer Art Weeks which takes place in late June / early July each year. 2021 dates are 19th June to 4th July.
Why take part in the Summer Art Weeks?
Following a slightly delayed start we are now feeling hopeful for 2021 and that it will be possible to hold physical events. So if you’re a new or established artist, there are lots of benefits from participating in the event:
- Low cost option to showcase your work to an engaged audience (2019 saw over 30,000 visits across the fortnight)
- Exhibit in the safety of your own environment or a collaborative space
- Support from the WOS team with the latest Covid guidance to ensure you, your visitors and your venue stay safe
- Choose when to exhibit (opening times are at your discretion)
- Opportunity to sell your artwork (average sales per artist in 2019 were £1,100) or discuss/accept commissions
- Chance to chat to visitors and get valuable feedback on your practice
- Prestige of taking part in the largest art event in Warwickshire & Coventry
As part of the package you also get the opportunity to take part in the virtual #artweeksfromhome, which will run alongside the real event.
We warmly welcome artists of all styles, all price ranges and all media. If you’d like to take part in 2021, here’s what you need to do:
- Sign-in to your website account if you already have an account (don't worry if you've forgotten your password from last year as you can reset it). Or if you are new then follow the same link and set up a new account.
- Become a member for 2021
- Either register for Summer Art Weeks 2021 – for this you will need your venue, opening times (although these can be altered at a later date if required), brochure and website text, plus a fantastic image
- Or sign up to be part of the virtual #artweeksfromhome event
You don’t have to do all these steps in one go, but you do have to sort out your membership before you can register. Click here to start the process. NOTE: Please take your time to enter your details correctly, as we cannot guarantee that any errors will be picked up and corrected.
Got any questions? Drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org
Creating your website account
You can manage your account directly through the website. You will need to create a user name and a password, which will then allow you to update information on your Profile or Event pages. If you have forgotten your password, there is a password reset function. Create your account.
Membership - £25
Warwickshire Open Studios membership lasts for one calendar year and is a requirement for any artist wanting to take part in our events. For this you get:
- Access to all our events (such as Summer Art Weeks, #artweeksfromhome and the Secret Studio Sale)
- Participate in other opportunities only offered to WOS members (e.g. the 3D Advent Calendar in partnership with Compton Verney)
- Network with like-minded local artists
- Support what we do (we’re a not-for-profit organisation)
Summer Art Weeks - £75 Individual, £200 small group, £300 large group (8+)
The Summer Art Weeks is our main event, during which artists and designer makers open their studio doors or hold pop-up exhibitions across the area. Participants must be over 18 years old. For formal educational establishments and minors groups, the leader must be aged 18 years or over.
Following what happened in 2020 and how successful it was, we will also be running the virtual #artweeksfromhome alongside the Summer Art Weeks.
The dates for the 2021 Summer Art Weeks and virtual #artweeksfromhome are Saturday 19th June to Sunday 4th July.
Virtual Entry #artweeksfromhome - £45
For 2021 we are once again going to invest in the #artweeksfrom home virtual event, providing an opportunity for those artists not wanting to take part in a physical event.
- A dedicated Profile page where you can load up to 12 images of your work, links to social media pages and selling sites, alongside video and text content
- Publicised widely through our successful social media pages, with a budget allocated for advertising this event
- Inclusion of your work in a series of themed videos
- Name listed in the e-Brochure as a participant in the #artweeksfromhome event
(Please note that those signed up for a Summer Art Weeks Individual entry automatically get an entry in the virtual #artweeksfromhome event, but those taking part as part of a group do not, so will need to sign up for this separately).
To find out more about our Lonely HeARTS initiative where we facilitate the coming together of artists and venues, click here.
Friends of WOS
For 2021 we are introducing a new category of membership which is our 'Friends of WOS'. We have introduced this to provide a way for those of you who want to support our work but who perhaps aren't an artist yourself. As a thanks for your support, you will receive VIP invites to our events such as our launch night, Secret Studio Sale or Plein Air exhibition.
Secret Studio Sale 2021
A firm fixture in the Warwickshire Open Studios calendar, The Secret Studio Sale brightens up the winter with a one-day event offering our artists the chance to clear out their studios and our visitors the chance to snap up artwork at reduced prices!
The 2021 Secret Studio Sale is different...
We may not be able to enjoy the sociable jostle of fellow bargain-hunters in a village hall, but we’re determined to bring you the same fun atmosphere (including CAKE!) in our very first Secret Studio Sale Online Instagram Event – for one day only – on Saturday 27th February. Click here to find out more.