Registration for the Summer Open Studios 2018 is now closed.
But if you are interested in the future events then our Summer event is open to all - from passionate amateurs to professional artists - and attracts an average of 30,000 visits each year. It is a celebration of the variety and quality of visual art that can be found across Coventry and Warwickshire. It includes paintings, photography, installations, ceramics, glassware, stoneware, jewellery, drawings, printmaking, textiles and metalwork.
Opening your studio or home has so many benefits for the artists. It’s a great, low cost option to show people your work, talk about your techniques and inspirations and listen to what visitors have to say and in return you will hopefully sell some of your work! Last year, the average artist sales were over £1,000. But it’s not just about sales - having feedback and talking to others about your art is incredibly rewarding and invaluable in developing your practice and growing your confidence.
Artists can be creative about where they show their work, it could be at home, in a studio, workshop or garden. Pop up galleries have been held in cafes, offices, barns, museums and church halls. Installations have even taken place in allotments, canal basins and railway carriages!
If you would like to take part in our events event, then you need to become a member, find a venue for your event and then register through the website. You can take part as an individual or as part of a group. If you represent an organisation, you can register either as a gallery, business or society. If you are a school, college or other educational venue you can take part as a formal educational establishment.
- As Warwickshire Open Studios is a not-for-profit members company, all artists wishing to take part in our events must also be a member of Warwickshire Open Studios, for the year they are exhibiting.
- The Summer Open Studios is non-selective and open to all artists living or working in or around Warwickshire and Coventry.
- All work must be original and made by the participating artist.
- Participating artists must not invite non-members of Warwickshire Open Studios to exhibit with them. Failure to comply will result in automatic disqualification from the event.
What do I have to do?
- Create an online account through the Sign In button if you have not done so in the past.
- Become a member - either as an individual or if you are part of a group
- Submit your exhibition entry
This year we are encouraging artists to come together and either offer their venue to other artists or if they don't have their own venue let's see if we can put you in touch with other lonely heARTists! Email firstname.lastname@example.org your details and we will post them on here to try and match you up.
Find an artist
- Don Mason is looking for a ceramicist to exhibit alongside him at his home in central Leamington, he intends to open the three weekends and the Friday. Examples of Don's work can be found at www.donmasonart.com
- Dee Luntley is looking for a ceramicist/sculptor or other 3D artist (possibly room for two) to join two Watercolourists at Open Studio in 2018 in Princethorpe. Contact email@example.com for more info.
- Sheila Davies & Claire Lewis are looking for an artist to join our group of seven - either a sculptor in wire or wood, or a wood turner who specialises in natural bowls and vessels. Please get in touch if you are interested to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gillian Western has a lovely big double garage converted into an art gallery. She has used part of it for the summer open studios for the past 3 years and would welcome a other artists to join her in 2018. There is wall-hanging space, and plenty of floor space. The venue is quite close to Rugby town centre on the road to Dunchurch. Contact Gillian on email@example.com
- Emma Linnane is the Arts Coordinator for the University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust (UHCW). They have 10 dedicated exhibition spaces with hanging systems in Coventry Hospital and also at Coventry Myton Hospice. They can also have sculputure in some of their public spaces. All areas are accessible to the public and open 24/7. To find out more contact Emma on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephen Lambe has already booked the function room at the White Bear in Shipston and would be interested in sharing it with another artist for a week. Contact email@example.com to find out more.
- Sue Langmead and Paul Joyner are looking for up to two artists in ceramics, glass or jewellery to join our open studio in Balsall Common. Lovely venue on offer for weekend exhibiting and limited exhibiting during the week. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join forces.
- Emma Caplin is taking part in WOS for the 5th year running and has a great local following. She would lovce to share her central Leamington space with 3+ artists/designer/makers working in a variety of mediums. Her house has 2 x large light rooms with high ceilings and the entrance hall on the ground floor, plus small walled garden. Contact email@example.com
Find a venue
- Linda Scannell is a fine art photograper looking for a venue ideally in Warwick, Stratford-upon-Avon, Leamington or Kenilworth. Examples of her work can be found www.lindascannell.com/fine-art-photography/
- Ian Mattingly produces a collection of creative lettering/calligraphy work that forms unusual imagery , take a look at www.IanMattinglyArt.co.uk
- Bridget Mattingly creates handmade prints using a wide variety of printmaking techniques based on natural forms, to see more go to www.artistsandillustrators.co.uk/bridgemat
- Kevin Alexander is a painter working in Acrylics (mainly Sea and Landscapes), ideally looking for a venue in Kenilworth, Leamington or Warwick. Click here to see his work or contact him on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie Whitehouse works in oils and watercolours with a natural life theme or landscape, primarily botanical art, and has recently exhibited her work in London. She is keen to explore Open Studios opportunities and is looking for a group welcoming a new member, contact Julie directly on email@example.com
-- Estelle Robinson is based in Nuneaton but would be interested in a more central location with other artists. She is a pastellist and specialises mainly in portraiture, both animals and people. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to find out more.
- Gill Buick is a mixed media artist, painting in both oils and acrylics. Recently she has been making "altered journals” and individual hand made cards, experimenting with inks, spray paints and embellishments. One of her paintings won the “peoples favourite” at the Leamington Studio Artists and East Lodge Gallery winter exhibition. She would love to share Open Studios with someone in Warwick, Leamington Spa or surrounding areas. Contact email@example.com or click here to find our more.
- Jessica Timmis is an artist predominantly painting/ drawing but she is also an art therapist whose work explores childhood and motherhood. She is looking for a fairly central location as is based in Leamington to exhibit with others. www.facebook.com/Jessicatimmisartist/ or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jo Ricketts is a glass artist, exhibiting for the first time, and is hoping to share a venue in Kenilworth, Leamington, Warwick or surrounding areas. Contact Jo on email@example.com
- Penny Dixon is a textile artist specialising in handmade felt. She produces larger wall hangings and wearable art brooches and tactile bowls. She has exhibited before and sell regularly but this would be her first Open Studios! www.pennyjanedesigns.co.uk firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stacey Tomkinson is an acrylic/multimedia artist based in Atherstone and a member of the open arts trial. She would like to take part this summer with another artist/s. email@example.com www.facebook.com/StaceymarieTomkinsonart/
- Athina Bastien is a ceramic artist who had a very enjoyable and successful Warwickshire Open Studio experience in 2017. She is now looking for a venue (and possibly an artist to exhibit alongside!) for 2018. Based in Coventry, she would consider nearby locations including Kenilworth, Leamington, Rugby and Warwick. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janet Saunders is a first timer looking for a venue. She is a printmaker creating etchings with mainly landscape and nature themes looking for a location in Warwick, Leamington or possibly Stratford (email@example.com)