Our Summer event is open to all – from passionate amateurs to professional artists – and attracts an average of 30,000 visits each year. A true celebration of the variety and quality of visual art that can be found across Coventry and Warwickshire, it includes paintings, photography, installations, ceramics, glassware, stoneware, jewellery, drawings, printmaking, textiles and metalwork.
Opening your studio or home has so many benefits for the artists. It’s a great, low cost option to show people your work, talk about your techniques and inspirations, and listen to what visitors have to say; in return, you will hopefully sell some of your work! In 2019, the average artist sales were over £1,100. But it’s not just about sales – having feedback and talking to others about your art is incredibly rewarding and invaluable in developing your practice and growing your confidence.
Artists can be creative about where they show their work: it could be at home, in a studio, workshop or garden. Pop-up exhbitions have been held in cafes, offices, barns, museums and church halls. Installations have even taken place in allotments, canal basins and railway carriages!
To take part in our event, you need to become a member, find a venue and then register through the website. You can take part either as an individual or as part of a group. If you represent an organisation, you can register as a gallery, business or society. If you are a school, college or other educational venue, you can take part as a formal educational establishment.
- As Warwickshire Open Studios is a not-for-profit members' company, all artists wishing to take part in our events must also be a member of Warwickshire Open Studios for the year they are exhibiting.
- The Summer Open Studios is non-selective and open to all artists living or working in/around Warwickshire and Coventry.
- All work must be original and made by the participating artist.
- Participating artists must not invite non-members of Warwickshire Open Studios to exhibit with them. Failure to comply will result in automatic disqualification from the event.
What do I have to do?
1. Create an online account through the Sign In button if you have not done so in the past
2. Become a member – either as an individual or as part of a group
3. Submit your exhibition entry
4. Complete your gallery page so you get more detailed and year round promotion.
Once again, we are encouraging artists to come together by offering their venue to other artists. Or, if you don't have your own venue, let's see if we can put you in touch with other lonely heARTists! Email firstname.lastname@example.org your details and we'll post them on the Lonely HeARTS section of the website.