PLEIN AIR EVENT 2023 - 17 SEPTEMBER, CHARLECOTE PARK
The third Plein Air event organised by Warwickshire Open Studios was a fantastic success at our new venue, the glorious grounds of the National Trust's Charlecote Park. This park is home to free-roaming deer and sheep, set in an informal landscaped parkland, nestled between two rivers. There were also a number of interesting buildings to take inspiration from.
Whereas most Plein Air events tend to be restricted to paintings or drawings, we encourage artists to engage in their surroundings and produce a creative piece in response in any 2D or 3D art form. This year it included paints, pastels, pencil, felt, print, photography and willow.
Visitors to Charlecote wandered around and saw the art in action. At the end of the day, the artwork was displayed in a pop-up exhibition to view and buy in one of the buildings by the main house and the judges selected their favourites. A big thank-you to our event sponsors for providing these prizes and the winners are:
- The WOS Prize - SARAH LOWRY
- The Art in the Park Prize - opportunity to exhibit at their 2024 event - JACKSON JONES
- The LSA Prize - opportunity to exhibit in either the East Lodge or the LSA Art Rooms - ALICE GOODE
- The Charlecote Pheasant Emerging Artist Prize - £100 voucher for the best work by an artist entered in the U25 or emerging artist category - MAIDY CLARKE
- The National Trust Charlecote Park People's Choice Prize - Cream tea for two and a £20 National Trust - SUE SOUTHORN
Highly Commended - CLARE SHILVOCK, ED NASH, KAREN BLAKE, MICHAEL SHERIDAN & SIAN LOVE
You can take a look at the gallery of images produced on the day below. Some are already sold but if you would like to find out more, either contact the artists directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org