Venue, Timing, Cost
Melissa runs workshops from her studio in Knowle, Solihull. She is a qualified teacher with many years of teaching experience.
Enamelling is the art of fusing glass onto metal using a kiln. We will be exploring this, learning how to fuse the enamel powder on to copper to create a glossy glass surface. You do not need any experience to book a place on the workshop and will be experimenting with simple techniques to create a small picture or piece of jewellery. You will learn the basics of enamelling, in a step by step manner.
In the workshop we will cover the following aspects:
- Health and safety of enamelling.
- Preparation of the copper for enamelling.
- Applying counter enamel onto the back of your piece.
- Applying different types of enamel (Transparent and Opaque).
- Use of decorative media (millefiori, frit, copper wire, glass threads).
- Surface design using techniques such as stencils, sgruffito, sifting etc.
You will create a small enamelled picture or piece of jewellery that you are able to take home with you on the day.
What is included?
- One copper blank that you will be able to make into a picture or piece of jewellery. A variety of shapes will be available however if you would like to work on a specific shape or size then please contact Melissa before the workshop.
- Use of all tools and equipment e.g. kiln, firing forks, enamel powders in a range of colours, decorative media etc.
- Silver plated findings to finish your pieces e.g. key rings, brooch backs, jump rings etc.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits to keep us going! Maybe even cake if you are lucky...
- Tuition on Enamelling with Melissa Keskinkilinc.
- Information about retailers for equipment and supplies if you would like to continue to explore enamelling after the workshop!
Please get in touch via email if you would like to book a workshop. Her email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org