* 16 - 17 Aug - Art in Clay Hatfield
* 3 -4 Aug - Art in the Park, Leamington Spa
* 15 - 30 June - Warwickshire Open Studios, Leamington Studio Artist
* 7 - 9 June - The Contemporary Craft Festival, Bovey Tracey, Devon
* 6 Apr -27 Oct - Positive Emotions group exhibition, Kunsthuis Gallery, North Yorkshire
*15 Mar - 27 May - Leamington Spa Open 2019, Leamington Spa Art Gallery & Museum
* 2 Mar - 13 Apr - Rising Star 2019 - New Ashgate Gallery, Farnham
* 22 - 24 Feb 2019 - Parallax Art Fair, Chelsea Town Hall, London
* 2 Jan - 3 Feb 2019 - LSA Member Exhibition, Temperance Cafe, Leamington Spa
Achievement & Member
* Awarded a place upon the Craft Council’s Hothouse Programme 2019
* Awarded Joint 2nd Place in the International Arts & Crafts Design Awards 2017
* Craft Potters Association Associate Member
The DIVAS are a series of figurative female sculptures and wall masks by Jenny Chan, reflecting upon our shared appearance yet individual essence.
The series was spawned by her interest in the instantaneous human emotion and its unconscious connection with sight. She explores this idea with her DIVAS by starting with a blank face, onto which she designs their individuality. She achieves this through design of their clothing and decoration, inspired by different cultures, periods and fantasies. Each unique piece evokes different emotions, with Jenny highlighting how these emotions lead to our unconscious judgements of people by their appearance.
Every piece is hand built using coiling and slab building techniques, coloured using a variety of oxides, underglaze and ceramic paints. Size varies from 23 cm to 40 cm in height for the figure, around 15 cm for the wall hanging mask.
Online Shop: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JennyChanArtworks
Craft Council Directory: https://www.craftscouncil.org.uk/directory/maker/jenny-chan/