* Nov 23/24 – York Ceramics Fair (unconfirmed)
* Oct 27/28 – Oxford Ceramics Fair (unconfirmed)
* Oct 10 – 13 - The Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair Manchester 2019 (unconfirmed)
* Aug 16/17 - Art in Clay Hatfield
* Aug 4 - Art in the Park, Leamington Spa
* June 15 -30 - Warwickshire Open Studios at Leamington Studio Artists, Leamington Spa
* June 7 - 9 - The Contemporary Craft Festival, Bovey Tracey, Devon
* Jul 12 – 14 - The Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair Sheffield 2019
* May 4/5 - Hepworth Ceramic Fair, Wakefield
* Apr 18 – 31 Aug – Summer Craft Collection, New Ashgate Gallery, Farnham
* Apr 6 – Oct 27: Positive Emotions Exhibition, Kunsthuis Gallery, North Yorkshire
* Mar 15 – May 27 – Leamington Spa Open 2019, Leamington Spa
* Mar 2 - Apr 13 - Rising Star 2019 – New Ashgate Gallery, Farnham
* Feb 22 - 24 - Parallax Art Fair, Chelsea Town Hall, London
* Jan 2 - Feb 3 - Temperance Cafe, Leamington Spa
* Judges’ Commendation of Leamington Spa Open 2019
* Awarded a place upon the Craft Council’s Hothouse Programme 2019
* Joint 2nd Place in the International Arts & Crafts Design Awards 2017
* Craft Potters Association Associate Member
The DIVAS are a series of figurative female sculptures and wall masks by Jenny Chan, reflecting upon our shared appearance yet individual essence.
The series was spawned by her interest in the instantaneous human emotion and its unconscious connection with sight. She explores this idea with her DIVAS by starting with a blank face, onto which she designs their individuality. She achieves this through design of their clothing and decoration, inspired by different cultures, periods and fantasies. Each unique piece evokes different emotions, with Jenny highlighting how these emotions lead to our unconscious judgements of people by their appearance.
Every piece is hand built using coiling and slab building techniques, coloured using a variety of oxides, underglaze and ceramic paints. Size varies from 23 cm to 40 cm in height for the figure, around 15 cm for the wall hanging mask.
Online Shop: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JennyChanArtworks
Craft Council Directory: https://www.craftscouncil.org.uk/directory/maker/jenny-chan/