Here's a countdown to your opening.
November / December
- Decide whether to exhibit by yourself or as part of a group
- Confirm your venue
End of January
- Pay your membership
- Complete your online registration for the Summer Art Weeks
February / March
- Complete your free artist profile page. Log in to your website account, upload a picture of yourself at work, a biography and up to 12 additional images. You will only appear in the Artists profile page if you have completed this section and loaded at least six images.
- You will only appear in the theme videos if you have completed an artist profile by 18 March.
- Work with your neighbouring artists to create local trail maps
April / May
- Collect your signage / promotional material and brochures from your distribution point
- Contact the ‘What’s On’ section in local newspapers and parish magazines, and add your exhibition to events sites online, including the words Warwickshire Open Studios - Summer Art Weeks
- Get general invites printed (or business cards with exhibition details on can sometimes be a cheaper option)
- If you’re planning a private view with different details, get these printed too
- Start distributing brochures in your local shops, place of work etc
- Start promoting your participation in the event on your own personal social media channels
- Send out private view invites if you're holding one.
- Send out general invites or post door to door
- Contact your neighbouring artists and swap fliers / be ready to signpost visitors to one another
- Check you have public liability insurance if you need it; if not, arrange it!
- Put out directional posters on all routes into your venue with arrows on clearly directing people to your venue
- Make sure you are open at your advertised times
- Collect visitor numbers and have a comment book for visitor feedback – we’d love to hear all this
- Packing up: If you’re using a private venue, leave it nice and tidy if you want to use it again next year
- Don’t forget to remove any roadside signage etc
- Give us your feedback – both quantitative and qualitative (this information helps us make improvements)
August – December
- Keep using the website – your online artist profile can be updated throughout the year, with details of any additional exhibitions you're attending