Countdown to your opening.
- Confirm your venue
- Pay your membership
- Complete your online registration for the Summer Open Studios
- Complete your Artists Gallery page. Upload a picture of yourself at work, a biography and six additional images into your free artist gallery on the website.
- Work with your neighbouring artists to create local trail maps
- Collect your promotional material and festival guides from the distribution point.
- Contact ‘what’s on’ section in newspapers and parish magazines and add your exhibition to events sites on-line including the words Warwickshire Open Studios.
- Have general invites printed [or business cards with exhibition details on can sometimes be a cheaper option].
- If you’re planning a private view with different details, have these printed too.
- Send out private view invites if you are holding one.
- Start distributing guides in your local shops, place of work etc.
- Send out general invites or post door to door.
- Contact your neighbouring artists and swap fliers/be ready to signpost visitors to one another.
- Check you have public liability insurance if you need it: if not, arrange it!
- Put out directional posters on all routes into your venue with arrows on clearly directing people to your site.
- Make sure you are open at your advertised times
- Collect visitor numbers, their email addresses and have a comment book for visitor feedback – we’d love to hear all this.
- Packing up: If you’re using a private venue, leave it nice and tidy if you want to use it again next year. And don’t forget to remove any roadside signage etc.
- Give us your feedback after the Summer Open Studios – both quantitative and qualitative. This information helps us make improvements
August – December
- Keep using the website – your online artist gallery can be updated through the year, with details of any additional exhibitions.