We are a collective of artists living in Kenilworth, creating a wide range of work including painting, ceramics, furniture, glass, textiles, prints, cards and calligraphy.
Our group was founded in October 2018 with the aim of promoting and exhibiting the works, talent and the fantastic range of art being produced by creative people in Kenilworth. Since the small seed of the idea was planted by Jo Ricketts we have grown to nearly 40 members strong and now have an established presence in the town.
We take an inclusive approach - there is no membership fee - and we meet to share ideas and opportunities, working together (often in partnership with the Kenilworth Arts Festival team) to create exhibitions and events locally.
In September 2019 we were delighted to launch our inaugural collaborative exhibition with a buzzing and successful private view, followed by a sunny Saturday of art, tea and cake. The event took place at the Parochial Hall in Kenilworth as part of the Kenilworth Arts Festival.
To date, we are proud to have produced the following exhibitions and initiatives:
• ‘Made in Kenilworth’ An exhibition by local artists; Parochial Hall (September 2019)
• ’15 Days 15 Artists’ #artweeksfromhome (June/July 2020)
• ‘Art Wall’ An installation in Talisman Square (September 2020 to present day)
• ‘Art in the Car Park’ in Talisman Square (September 2020)
• Lockdown displays in the former Poundland and Thorntons’ shop windows (September 2020 to present day)
• ‘Countdown to Christmas’ daily videos for the 24 days of advent
We have also represented the group at the Autumn Arts and Crafts Fair at Chase Farm, and have had our own Kenilworth Artists Christmas Tree as part of the St Nicholas Christmas Tree Festival trail around town in December.